cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended destinations as Pakistani living abroad

nadir500
Weekender

Hey everybody 😄 

I am trying to find decent destinations to live as Pakistani abroad, I am currently residing in Turkey and I was thinking of indulging in a new experience in another country 😄 

I am looking into living costs to be relatively cheap and not really having that much of a headache when it comes to residence permit papers. 

What are your thoughts and experience as someone living away from their country? 

5 REPLIES 5

StefanaZ
Deel Team

Hello! I'm from Serbia! I used to work as a teacher before and had two Pakistani girls in one of my classes. We're still in touch, and they like living in Serbia. 🙂

The cost of living is relatively low compared to Western Europe, for example. The capital is a safe place to live, has a diverse cultural offer, nice parks, good digital nomad infrastructure (good co-working spaces, Wi-Fi everywhere, lots of great laptop-friendly coffee shops, etc.), and we all speak English. 🙂

We're also quite similar to Turkish people in terms of hospitality. I'm here if you want to know more, cheers!

For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth.

On a similar journey as Nadir. What is the visa paperwork like? Serbia would indeed be an interesting destination!

Hi @affari_93, I can't speak specifically to the visa paperwork piece, but there's a really insightful article on how to get started in Serbia as an Independent Contractor that you might find useful! 
Keep us posted if you continue to explore Serbia as an option for your next adventure, or if you have other country in mind!

That's wonderful to hear! 

I am actually considering Serbia as my next destination as I heard a lot of positive reactions 😄 

StefanaZ
Deel Team

I honestly have zero clue about work permits and tourist visas in Serbia, but I know getting paperwork in order can sometimes be daunting here.

This is the official website of our police department in charge of temporary residence and foreigners, so you might find something in there.

We don't have a digital nomad visa yet, unfortunately.

For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So collapse. Crumble. This is not your destruction. This is your birth.