cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite mode of transportation?

KenWhiskey
Explorer

Hey gang,

I'll start with mine. My favorite mode of transportation is my 2012 FIAT Abarth

Pros
1. 28-34 miles a gallonMy pocket rocket!My pocket rocket!
2. Small mouse-sized car. Squeak squeak!
3. Large trunk if you fold down the rear seats.

Cons
1. Lower visibility in the blind spots
2. Bigger cars/trucks/delivery vans may not see you.
3. Only in 5-speed standard transmission.

OK, gang. Your turn!

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Love this thread @KenWhiskey! I'm not really a car person, but I just picked up my VERY FIRST car, which is super exciting for me. As a city dweller my whole life, it hasn't really been a problem to travel by public train or transit, but now that remote work has made it easier for travel, I've been keen on getting a reliable car that allows me to venture outside. My new car is a Subaru Crosstrek Sport, which has higher ground clearance, and sport mode lets me get off road a little more comfortably (although...not that I'm really taking it anywhere too crazy haha). 

Pros: 
1. WAY better gas mileage than my partners vehicle (29 vs 17mpg lol) 
2. Higher ground clearance 
3. Weathertech mats because snow/dirt/mud is a pain 

Not my picture, but I imagine my spring/fall to (hopefully!) look like this :DNot my picture, but I imagine my spring/fall to (hopefully!) look like this 😄

Cons:
1. Not a lot of bells and whistles, which is fine. 
2. Newer model cars have a lot more security sensors, but its weird to have your wheel bump back into lane for you. 

Thanks for sharing yours, Ken! 
-Cassy

View solution in original post

Gabriele
Deel Team

As an Italian, it's nice to see some Fiat love (especially the Abarth 🙂 ).
Personally, I'm a biiiiig train fan, so if I could use that to get anywhere, I would. But as that is not always possible, I also have a 1999 Saab 9-3 I use to get around.

Chloe
Deel Team

Great topic @KenWhiskey! While I used to love biking, I am now a mom of 2 toddlers and so moving around with a car is much easier especially when it's freezing in winter time! We shifted to electric cars a few years ago and never looked back! 😄

My favorite mode of transportation is by plane, boat, or foot. If I had to choose one of the three, I would go the green route 👣 . It's rejuvenating to step outside, listen to some good sounds, and walk to the tune of your own beat.🚶‍♀️🎶

Good question... Mine is automatic. Not my first choice, but it is what it is, and it actually performs quite better than I would have expected, coming from manual.

That's great. The manuals used the same gearbox from Subaru or Fuji Heavy Industries.

The reverse gear is crunchy. With automatic, you avoid all of that.

Coming to you with all my future car questions, Ken! 😂 We love an in-house expert lol 

11 REPLIES 11

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Love this thread @KenWhiskey! I'm not really a car person, but I just picked up my VERY FIRST car, which is super exciting for me. As a city dweller my whole life, it hasn't really been a problem to travel by public train or transit, but now that remote work has made it easier for travel, I've been keen on getting a reliable car that allows me to venture outside. My new car is a Subaru Crosstrek Sport, which has higher ground clearance, and sport mode lets me get off road a little more comfortably (although...not that I'm really taking it anywhere too crazy haha). 

Pros: 
1. WAY better gas mileage than my partners vehicle (29 vs 17mpg lol) 
2. Higher ground clearance 
3. Weathertech mats because snow/dirt/mud is a pain 

Not my picture, but I imagine my spring/fall to (hopefully!) look like this :DNot my picture, but I imagine my spring/fall to (hopefully!) look like this 😄

Cons:
1. Not a lot of bells and whistles, which is fine. 
2. Newer model cars have a lot more security sensors, but its weird to have your wheel bump back into lane for you. 

Thanks for sharing yours, Ken! 
-Cassy

My favorite mode of transportation is by plane, boat, or foot. If I had to choose one of the three, I would go the green route 👣 . It's rejuvenating to step outside, listen to some good sounds, and walk to the tune of your own beat.🚶‍♀️🎶

I wish I could fly sometimes.

KenWhiskey
Explorer

I see that you have the Subaru Crosstrek. It is a fabulous car with a great value-to-dollar ratio. It also retains its value relatively well.

It is also AWD which can kombat muddy and wet weather. I see it is a 4-cylinder so it will give you the benefits of gas-saving and the higher ground clearance allows you to attack the world like an SUV.

The weather mats alone are 150-200 dollars which are a great addition to future adventures.

More bells and whistles mean more repair costs. This is not a CON.

More security sensors and technology means more repairs. This is also not a CON.

I used to work at Volkswagen. The latest, basic VW Jetta has over 40 computers which is more of an appliance than a car.

"Ka-chow!" -Lightning McQueen

Gabriele
Deel Team

As an Italian, it's nice to see some Fiat love (especially the Abarth 🙂 ).
Personally, I'm a biiiiig train fan, so if I could use that to get anywhere, I would. But as that is not always possible, I also have a 1999 Saab 9-3 I use to get around.

OMG. Saab 9-3 AERO! Do they offer standard transmission in Europe?

I love the Saab 9-2x which is just a Saaburu! Lol.

Good question... Mine is automatic. Not my first choice, but it is what it is, and it actually performs quite better than I would have expected, coming from manual.

That's great. The manuals used the same gearbox from Subaru or Fuji Heavy Industries.

The reverse gear is crunchy. With automatic, you avoid all of that.

Coming to you with all my future car questions, Ken! 😂 We love an in-house expert lol 

Yes, please send all your handsome and beautiful car questions over. We can create community, camaraderie, and great friendships on the way.

Chloe
Deel Team

Great topic @KenWhiskey! While I used to love biking, I am now a mom of 2 toddlers and so moving around with a car is much easier especially when it's freezing in winter time! We shifted to electric cars a few years ago and never looked back! 😄