cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Greetings from LATAM ๐Ÿ‘‹โ€Œ โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐ŸŒŽโ€Œ ๐ŸŒฎโ€Œ โ€Œ๐ŸŒžโ€Œ โ€Œ๐ŸŒตโ€Œ

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the Latin America (LATAM) Group โ€“ weโ€™re so excited to have you here!

As our community grows, we'll be sure to add additional regional groups, so let a Community Manager know if you'd like to see one opened for your location. You can use this hub to connect with others in LATAM about topics like country-specific compliance, contractor documentation, or even sharing your favorite local coffee shops. 

5 REPLIES 5

Muniz
Weekender II

Hey people!! What's up?? 

Big cheers here from south Brazil, I'm working for a IT US Company, in the recruitment area. What are your toughts about those US companies? How are you adapting to its culture? 

I believe communication is key no matter which country or culture - and culture depends mainly on C-levels, and how they value communication and command.

I didn't have major issues adapting on this actual company based on US. The C-Levels are from US, UK, Germany. They are highly driven by deliveries, they have a clear vision of the product, making the goals ready to implementation. The deals are based on trust and responsibility, no politics, no excuses. I've never worked with such real autonomy before (this is the 13th company I'm working on, and the 3rd abroad - from Brazil).

Muniz
Weekender II

I follow you man ๐Ÿ˜„ 

But, regarding different cultures - in terms of countries, not Company Culture - one aspect that I really like working with the North Americans is that they are really driven by deliveries, as you said in your comment. For me, that's a great thing as I can focus on delivering a good job and have a clear vision on what's expected of me.

On the other hand, as the company I work the C-Levels are a mix of India/US, I feel that a part of the India's culture (not saying every people from India does that) of working a lot of hours impacts negatively on some of the teams here, as they expected you to work at the same rate. 

Personally, I don't. But is not unsual for me to see them working sometimes 12 hours straight. Not because the company requires it, but it is just something that - I will not say most of them, but close to 70% - does. 

Do you experience that with your teammates from India as well (If you have any)? 

jmanzo98
Weekender

Hello! Very nice to meet more people in this community!
I'm from Guatemala! it would be very great to meet more people from Guatemala and LATAM, even would be great to have a group.

Hope you are very good!!

Hi @jmanzo98, thanks so much for being a part of our LATAM group, and for sharing your interest in a Guatemala hub. In order to best serve our growing Community, we created a form to collect feedback from our members on what hubs they'd like to see. Feel free to fill it out here!

Cheers!