cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Argentina

enzosoler
Weekender

Hey guys!

My name is Enzo. I'm Head of Sales here at Bluelight. Next month (Dec/2023) I'm moving from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Buenos Aires (CABA), Argentina. Need your guys' help for a second:

How do you guys get paid using the "blue" (or as close to it as possible) exchange rate?

How do you guys pay taxes there? Saw a lot of people recommending me to become a "monotributista" but I literally have no idea what's the best option. I'll still talk to an accountant once I finally move there but I'm just trying to get an idea as of now. How much ( in %) are you guys paying in taxes there?

Thanks for the help y'all!

2 REPLIES 2

Jess
Deel Team

Hi @enzosoler!

Thanks for reaching out. I've made an inquiry with our Finance, Tax, and Compliance team to best answer your tax questions. We will reach out with more information soon. 

We hope you're excited about your upcoming move to Buenos Aires! We recommend joining the Argentina Group to build strong connections and relationships with workers in the area!

Cheers,

Jess 

Jess
Deel Team

Hi @enzosoler,

While most independent contractors in Argentina fall into the monotributista category, we strongly suggest seeking a local accounting/tax advisor to assess your specific situation.

Monotributistas in Argentina are paid from Deel Inc. in USD. There is no USD transaction involved locally in Argentina.

From the tax perspective, monotributista (simplified tax regime) has a threshold of ARS 7.996.484,12 (around $23.000) yearly income from services provided. If applied to such a regime, the payable tax encompasses all applicable corporate taxes at a fixed amount per bracket, according to the most updated table from AFIP. If your income is greater than that, the regime applied will be the general regime, with rates up to 35% (PIT).

Again, we strongly suggest seeking a local accounting/tax advisor to assess your specific situation, and we recommend joining the Argentina Group to engage with other remote workers in the area to help you determine the best option for you.

We hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jess