cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I need to pay taxes?

Randynamic
Weekender

If I live in the Netherlands, work as a contractor for a U.S. company, and want a Nomad visa for the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and I intend to work in 10 different countries for 200 days a year, where should I pay taxes?

1 REPLY 1

Chloe
Deel Team

Hi @Randynamic, I hope you are doing well.

We always recommend seeking advice regarding your tax liabilities from a dedicated tax advisor to get the most accurate answer depending on your personal situation. Having said that, on the US side, if you are a non-US citizen and do not work in the US, you would not owe any income taxes to the US. For the other countries, it depends on your tax residency - i.e. where you have the most significant residential ties, it could an available home, where you close family lives, your nationality... - as well as where you work physically. You’ll need to check the guidelines for any country you’ve stayed in for an extended period as well as the existence of a double tax treaty between the countries to determine where you would need to pay taxes. Here is a Guide to International Taxes when Working Remotely. 
Feel free to DM me if you have further questions or doubts on your personal situation.

Cheers,

Chloe