cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What remote work related things are you thankful for?

Gabriele
Deel Team

With all my US colleagues out of the office for Thanksgiving, a question popped into my mind.

As a community of mostly remote workers, what aspects of this form of working are you most thankful for?

For me, it’s the freedom to go back to my home country and spend time with family and friends without having to cram it all into my yearly holidays. Having been abroad for over a decade now, that was an absolute game changer. 

What about you, how has remote work changed your life in ways you are thankful for?

2 REPLIES 2

KenWhiskey
Explorer

The most grateful thing about working remotely is caring for elderly family members, especially in the Chinese community. I prefer that elderly parents stay at home than in an elderly home. I also don't have to make any long commutes. After work, I just walk over a few houses down and have a social hour and family dinner.

This is very cool! While remote work has many more flashy benefits, I think one of the biggest is that it enables us to spend time and build deeper relations with the people around us. Thank you for your answer 🙂