cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s on your 2024 bucket list?

Kyra
Deel Team

Happy New Year, Community friends! January is one of my favorite months (unpopular opinion, I know 😅), mostly because I love the idea of a fresh start and a dedicated time to plan what I want to achieve in the new year. 

I recently came across this fascinating post by @KenWhiskey, which highlights how spending time in nature and maintaining a positive, loving relationship with ourselves and others, can actually help strengthen the blood flow to our hearts. It really got me thinking about how I can reframe my approach to new year’s resolutions. 

So often, I’m focused on big, audacious goals (getting a promotion, going to the gym 5 times a week, etc) and forget that some of my most memorable moments are the ones where I’ve gotten to explore the outdoors, try something new, or spend quality time with friends and family.  

In an effort to place more of a focus on intentionally creating these moments, I’ve created a 2024 bucket list of all the tiny things that will make me the happiest. Here’s a sneak peek: 

• Try a new hiking trail 🥾
  • Make croissants from scratch 🥐
  • Host a paint-and-sip night with friends 🎨
  • Pet at least 30 dogs 🐶

Whether you’re spending this year focusing on big goals or small moments, share your 2024 bucket list in the comments below. I can’t wait to read them!

IMG_7267_Original.jpg

To many more hikes with gorgeous views in 2024!  

8 REPLIES 8

robin
Explorer

Ooh I like the idea of containing the list to just 2024! There's one for sure thing that'd make my year good:

• squish my cats

That's about it. Though past me has already committed some things for me to do this year-- I guess the goal is to follow through!

• Run a half marathon (my first ever, in March)
  • Run a marathon (another first, in October)
  • Complete an olle
  • Squish stray cats
  • Finish an audiobook per month

If you've got some audiobook recommendations, I'll be sure to add them to the list.  

Hey @robin ,

This was recommended to me by Bigolas D. Wolfwood. Check out This is How You Lose the Time War by by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone . Do not look up anything about it. It's only like 200 pages. You can download it on audible. It's only like four hours. Do it right now. I'm very serious.

71u+V+fclqL._SY522_.jpg

ohhh thanks for sharing about the Olle, Robin! It seems so cool to be able to do circuits around an island and see each of the little towns and villages that make it unique. It's a neat way to absorb culture and history! 

I can't vouch for the audiobook version of this, but I recently finished reading Richard Powers' "Bewilderment", and it's so beautiful. I love the way he writes, and was as equally impressed by his "The Overstory". If you're a lover of nature, that might be a good read for you, too. It's a series of little mini stories. 

Thrilled for the year you have ahead, and excited for all the good cattos you'll lovingly squish. Sending you lots of positive vibes for your very first half marathon in March!! Ganbatte! 

Chloe
Deel Team

Happy New Year, everyone! As a working mom, I have 2 toddlers and they keep me busy but I do want to make sure I try to:

• Get more sleep by going to bed earlier (hoping no one wakes up in the next 4-5h!)
  • Learn Swiss German to better integrate in Zurich (where we moved 5 years ago!)
  • Pick up a hobby/activity I used to do before between Yoga, Painting or Sailing
  • Have a kinder self-talk attitude with more empathy ❤️ 

Let's see how it turns out in a few months! 😉

Gabriele
Deel Team

For me, it's all about finishing my studies. I decided to enroll in an MA course in 2022, and so far, it's going well, but this year I need to start wrapping things up. 🤓

Daisy81
Explorer

The only thing I want to do in 2024 is crochet, crochet, crochet! 

No I'm kidding, but this is a fun post to think about. When it comes to achievable bucket list things...top of mind are: 

• Try snowshoeing at least once 
  • Learn to crochet. Learn to crochet a cozy blanket (and maybe some amigurumi things depending on whether I suck at crochet lol) 
  • Do a "Hot Ones" spicy wing challenge with friends 
  • Give myself the grace to say "I am doing my best and that's enough" without feeling guilty

Good luck to you all and your 2024 achievements!  
p.s. @KenWhiskey nice blog you wrote about the secrets to the universe. A good reminder to spend time with loved ones, being kind to yourself, and touching the world around you.

Oh.... 2024. I see that you want to crochet.

What is snow-shoeing?

I want to try the spicy wings, too. But not too spicy.

Yes, always important to be in tune with the universe.

KenWhiskey
Explorer

Happy New Year! January is a good month. It is named after the Roman God--Janus, representing two faces of duality. One looking back into time and one looking forward into time.

My 2024 Kettle List

1. Learn more about how the Universe is energy, sound, and resonance--and how to use that to heal myself and others holistically. Remember, Eastern Medicine is about treating the body like a garden--Tender, loving care is essential.

2. Try to learn how to cook good food. Maybe I should watch Gordon Ramsey. Any suggestions? I did master his perfect scrambled eggs. My family loves it.

3. Learn to be a master over debt. I could give Dave Ramsey a shot about eliminating debt and simplifying life.

4. I should try a new hiking trail and smell the fresh air with the sun on my face absorb the energy of the Universe and hear all the beautiful sounds of nature like birds, crickets, wind, etc.