cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emplyee in ireland

Sanana94
Weekender

Hello Deel community!

I just wanted to know if Deel can offer a service to help with my situation.
I live in Ireland, and currently registered as a freelancer (sole trader) and working for a Canadian company on a full time permanent contract.

Q: Would it be possible, through Deel, to be a standard Irish employee (PAYE) while still working for my employer?
As far as I know that would require a legal entity here in Ireland so that taxes and other stuff can be handled by Deel for me and my employer.

One of the challenges of the Freelancing world is, unfortunately, having to deal with Banks and Mortgages, which is why I am considering Deel. If I am able to be an Irish employee, do you have any idea if that would be treated by banks like any other normal employment in my country?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Sanana94,

Welcome to the Deel Community! Thanks so much for sharing this question re: being a freelancer in Ireland and working for a Canadian company full time.

With Deel, your employer does not need to set up a legal entity, but rather Deel can help your employer hire in Ireland quickly, easily, and compliantly. Deel Ireland, acting as the Employer of Record, will hire you on your employer’s behalf and your situation will be similar to any Irish employee. You will receive a regular paycheck in your local currency, with tax and other payroll taxes deducted at source as any normal employee.

You can find useful information in the links below: 

It is always a best practice to seek legal advice from financial professionals in your country, as well as tax advice tailored to your personal situation.

Perhaps another member of the Community who has experience as a freelancer/sole trader in Ireland might also have some personal experiences to share!

Hope this was helpful, and thanks again for being a part of the Community.
-Cassy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Sanana94,

Welcome to the Deel Community! Thanks so much for sharing this question re: being a freelancer in Ireland and working for a Canadian company full time.

With Deel, your employer does not need to set up a legal entity, but rather Deel can help your employer hire in Ireland quickly, easily, and compliantly. Deel Ireland, acting as the Employer of Record, will hire you on your employer’s behalf and your situation will be similar to any Irish employee. You will receive a regular paycheck in your local currency, with tax and other payroll taxes deducted at source as any normal employee.

You can find useful information in the links below: 

It is always a best practice to seek legal advice from financial professionals in your country, as well as tax advice tailored to your personal situation.

Perhaps another member of the Community who has experience as a freelancer/sole trader in Ireland might also have some personal experiences to share!

Hope this was helpful, and thanks again for being a part of the Community.
-Cassy