cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re: About FIRC & banks in India!

SuriyaPrakash
Weekender

Hello! I am completely new to remove work I started receiving payment on deel using direct inr transfer will I get any issues on tax payment? My turnover is less than 20L per year

1 REPLY 1

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @SuriyaPrakash, thanks for joining the Deel community and welcome to the world of remote work! 

Perhaps a member of the India Regional hubs group can share their own experience with taxation, but generally, it is advised that tax-related questions is best reserved for your local financial expert or tax advisor, as everyone's individual situation might differ. 

For additional information on being a sole proprietor/contractor in India, I recommend checking out this article: How to Register a Sole Proprietorship in India (เคเค•เคฒ เคธเฅเคตเคพเคฎเคฟเคคเฅเคต)

From the article:

"GST (Goods & Services Tax) is a great way of setting up an identity for your business and making those first steps towards creating a strong brand. However, applying and registering for GST might not be the best move for your particular business as it entails some additional fees and legislature. The main deterrent from this kind of registration is the fact that you will need to follow all the compliance laws. Additionally, if your sole proprietorship in India has an annual turnover of less than Rs. 20 Lakh, applying for GST is not mandatory."