cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Deel invoices an internal thing or are they reported?

Nuynuy
Weekender

Hi,

I'm a freelancer living in Spain and I generate my own invoices. Now I have a new client who pays me via Deel. My question is, does Deel report the invoices it generates on the Deel platform to the authorities? If yes, I look like I am making double what I am making (the Deel invoice + the invoice I generate). Need to clarify before it blows over. Any ideas? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Nuynuy, great to have you in the Deel Community 👋

As a freelancer or independent contractor, you’re responsible for having the proper documentation in a secure place and keeping records of it for your own and audit purposes or in case of a legal dispute. Unless it is specifically asked for in order to comply with a formal request from a respective country to open an investigation, Deel does not proactively share information with government entities about user's accounts nor transactions. 

I'd recommend checking out this document that highlights your essential documents as an Independent Contractor with Deel, and this article on Invoicing a Client could offer some additional insights. 

If you have any follow up questions on this, please don't hesitate to let us know, or I'm happy to connect you with one of our Support agents that can review this in greater detail with you. Lastly, if you haven't already, feel free to join our Spain group, where other Community members can offer their local experience. 

Hope you have a great weekend ahead, 
-Cassy