cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax issue. From Turkey and have a bank in Switzerland.

deroty
Weekender

Hello.

My residence is in Turkey. I joined deel.com with my residence address in Turkey.

But I have a bank account in Switzerland. If I withdraw to my bank in Switzerland, or Mercury bank USA, will my income reported to Turkish authorities?

I know it is a controversial issue but I want a simple explanation: Will Turkish government automatically know what I earn? What are the workarounds?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daryldy
Deel Team

Hi @deroty ,

Unfortunately, Deel cannot give you advice regarding taxes as it may risk some liabilities. We can offer that you check out our Tax Advice Marketplace for when Turkey becomes supported for more advice there from qualified tax advisors. You can also post your question on our Turkey Regional Group and someone who has had experience on this can also answer your question.  In the end, it is always best to ask a local tax advisor on questions on your tax obligations to have the best and most accurate information for your situation. 🙂

Best,
Daryl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daryldy
Deel Team

Hi @deroty ,

Unfortunately, Deel cannot give you advice regarding taxes as it may risk some liabilities. We can offer that you check out our Tax Advice Marketplace for when Turkey becomes supported for more advice there from qualified tax advisors. You can also post your question on our Turkey Regional Group and someone who has had experience on this can also answer your question.  In the end, it is always best to ask a local tax advisor on questions on your tax obligations to have the best and most accurate information for your situation. 🙂

Best,
Daryl

CenkTukel
Weekender II

Hi @deroty ,

Your question is a reality... As a citizen (or a tax liable person) of any country, including Turkey, one is required to declare his/her income as per the country's tax laws.

Some countries may allow money not entering the country to be excluded, where as others don't. Turkey requires all income to be reported, regardless of where it is deposited.

What you are asking requires tax planning and assuming that "the tax authorithy may not find about it" is not the right or legal way to go. I suggest that you consult with a local tax professional in Turkey, regardless of where your company is, whether U.S. or somewhere else.

I know that this is not answer you are looking for...

All the best,

Cenk

Que buena respuesta. Yo estoy en la misma investigación y lo mejor es reunirse con un experto en el país. Irse por la legalidad siempre será más económico y nuestra mejor reputación como profesional. Los riesgos de no hacerlo pueden ser gigantes, incluso, una perdida de visa.