cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming webinar: Taxes for independent contractors in Colombia

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

If you’re an independent contractor or freelancer, what’s your least favorite work-related activity? Most likely calculating and paying taxes. 💸

We get that doing your taxes can be a daunting task, and you might have concerns about filing it incorrectly. That's why we're excited to offer a Webinar for contractors and freelancers in Colombia to help answer tax-related questions. 

📹 Watch the webinar recording from our 19th October event for our very first live-stream webinar for independent contractors where viewers learned all about filing taxes in Colombia!

You can expect an engaging Q&A session in Spanish, led by tax consultant Esmeralda Garzon of Conting, a company of specialized professional accountants with over 20 years of experience.

Garzon will discuss basic tax obligations for independent contractors in Colombia, how foreign income is taxed, how to prepare for the upcoming tax season, and more.

Watch the webinar recording here

The session had an Ask Me Anything (AMA) format, so you'll find some questions from our Community below ⬇️

5 REPLIES 5

PaulaO
Weekender

Hola, Esmeralda. Tengo una cuenta de ahorros en Panamá donde recibo mis pagos desde EEUU. De esa cuenta, me transfiero lo necesario a mi banco en Colombia y ahorro lo demás en dólares. En mi declaración de renta este año realicé una declaración de activos en el exterior pero no pagué sobre el dinero que tengo en Panamá, ya que según mi contador, no era necesario. Sin embargo me queda la duda de si también debo pagar sobre lo que tengo en Panamá. Quisiera que por favor me aclararas esta duda en el webinar. Gracias!

Hi @PaulaO and @jmgiraldor,

Thanks for sharing your questions for us here. We'll pass these questions along to Esmeralda and her team so that we can address them live during the webinar! See you at the event tomorrow 👋

jmgiraldor
Weekender

Hola, quisiera saber como es el tema de impuestos si uno tiene una cuenta en el extranjero, ejemplo USA. Debe declarar en Colombia ese dinero supongo, pero como debe ser el tema con Estados Unidos, debe declarar alli tambien? Que se debe hacer? se puede mantener el dinero en esa cuenta?

ErunamoJAZZ
Weekender

Oh, I was late for the registration. Would the webinar record being shared later?
Thanks in advanced.

Hi @ErunamoJAZZ,  

We're sorry we didn't catch you this time for the webinar, but the session was recorded! You can find it here

Hope to see you at another Community event soon! 
Cheers, 
-Cassy