cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC Contractor (agency)

akosotukhin
Weekender II

Hello Deel community!

I run a business entity (LLC) and employ a team of in-house workers. This team handles multiple contracts for various clients.

I would like my employees to establish Deel accounts and contracts (as Contractors), with each employer having distinct terms and rates.

Together with this ideally I want limit my employees to control the finance. Is it achievable with Deel?

1 REPLY 1

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @akosotukhin, thanks for sharing this question in the Community! 

Hiring either contractors or employees can be rather nuanced, so we may need to explore with some additional questions. Are you hiring these employees in a full time capacity, and will they be receiving specific benefits with you as their employer? 

Depending on how you hired your in-house team and for what specific roles, you may want to consider: 

1. An employee is a worker that gets hired and managed by an employer and receives mandatory employee benefits.
  2. An independent contractor is a self-employed worker who provides services to a company and doesn’t receive employee benefits.

It's important to ensure you and your team follow the appropriate hiring guidelines to avoid any accidental misclassification. Misclassifying your employees as contractors is a serious issue in most countries, and an employer may face several types of misclassification penalties if the authorities discover they’ve misclassified employees as contractors.

If you have additional or follow up questions on this, please don't hesitate to let us know! For more details on defining the relationship between Contractors and Employees, take a look at this article. If you're hiring in the US, there are also more specific hiring rules, so feel free to take a peek through this article if it's applicable.  

Thanks so much! 
-Cassy