Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SECRET to Ending 2023 Well

KenWhiskey
Explorer

Gratitude Changes EverythingGratitude Changes Everything

Hey Gang ⚜️,

I was just thinking about something I can share to help us all. We are about 11 days into the new year.

Fun fact: January is from the Julian Calendar named after the Roman God, Janus with two faces. One looking back in time and one looking forward in time.

Close your eyes and think of 3 simple things you can be grateful for this year than you can bring to the next year.

I'll start.

1. I am thankful for good health. In Chinese culture: health is wealth. I hope this is true for you guys, too.

2. I am thankful for family, friends and this Deel Community. Sometimes in life, you just need someone with an attentive ear.

3.I am thankful we all have a greater purpose in life. Earning money is good but to have a higher purpose makes life so fulfilling. I believe much of the material we have, we don't really own. We perhaps only possess our own souls and integrity.

What about you, gang? Share with us what are 3 things you are most grateful for.

Yes, I enjoy reading all your messages. 🖤🌹

Ken W.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

daryldy
Deel Team

Hey @KenWhiskey 

Love this thread you're starting! I know for a fact that I'm thankful for

1. Being a part of this community. Getting to meet new and interesting people and learning new things everyday.
2. Working from home. I love being able to focus on my hobbies and family without giving up my work. 
3. @Chloe @CassyL @Jess @Kyra @Gabriele who have helped me grow as a person and a creative. I feel like the dumbest guy in the room but that just means I'm in great company. 

Best,
Daryl

View solution in original post

The appreciation is definitely mutual @daryldy!!! Your energy and skill in running the meetups is an example for me 🙂

Gabriele
Deel Team

Great topic @KenWhiskey!

There are many things I'm thankful for, but if I have to pick 3, I would say:

1. The ability to work on topics and in a field I'm passionate about

2. Remote work and the flexibility to live my life according to my preferences

3, Being surrounded, both at work and in my personal life, by a lot of great people, and very little drama.

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Love seeing the spotlight on Chinese culture 😉 Health is wealth indeed, as is asking if someone has eaten yet (a sign that we care about ensuring the people we love are nourished!). 

Thankful for you and our Community members for helping to create a vibrant space made up of such incredibly diverse people. It's so cool to learn about other cultures, different experiences, and really broaden the global knowledge (all while working from the comfort of home). 

Love your #3, Ken! Similarly, I'm thankful for endless curiosity, and seeking to understand and learn – whether it's about each other as people, or about the world and the things around us, and appreciating it all Time can be fleeting, but it's important to cherish the memories and moments that make us human.

Cheers to good health and prosperity to you and yours, and all the community members that have joined us for our first year ✌️💕

Jess
Deel Team

3️⃣ simple things I can be grateful for in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ that I can bring into 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣4️⃣:

1️⃣. The Default Optimism that carries me forward and pushes me beyond.
“Never give up - never surrender!” - Galaxy Quest or "Keep moving forward" - Meet the Robinsons
2️⃣. The Genuine Care I have for the people around me (and them for me) and for what I (we) do.
3️⃣. The feeling of connection and inclusivity across cultures and that we can be Together Everywhere. 

5 REPLIES 5

daryldy
Deel Team

Hey @KenWhiskey 

Love this thread you're starting! I know for a fact that I'm thankful for

1. Being a part of this community. Getting to meet new and interesting people and learning new things everyday.
2. Working from home. I love being able to focus on my hobbies and family without giving up my work. 
3. @Chloe @CassyL @Jess @Kyra @Gabriele who have helped me grow as a person and a creative. I feel like the dumbest guy in the room but that just means I'm in great company. 

Best,
Daryl

The appreciation is definitely mutual @daryldy!!! Your energy and skill in running the meetups is an example for me 🙂

Gabriele
Deel Team

Great topic @KenWhiskey!

There are many things I'm thankful for, but if I have to pick 3, I would say:

1. The ability to work on topics and in a field I'm passionate about

2. Remote work and the flexibility to live my life according to my preferences

3, Being surrounded, both at work and in my personal life, by a lot of great people, and very little drama.

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Love seeing the spotlight on Chinese culture 😉 Health is wealth indeed, as is asking if someone has eaten yet (a sign that we care about ensuring the people we love are nourished!). 

Thankful for you and our Community members for helping to create a vibrant space made up of such incredibly diverse people. It's so cool to learn about other cultures, different experiences, and really broaden the global knowledge (all while working from the comfort of home). 

Love your #3, Ken! Similarly, I'm thankful for endless curiosity, and seeking to understand and learn – whether it's about each other as people, or about the world and the things around us, and appreciating it all Time can be fleeting, but it's important to cherish the memories and moments that make us human.

Cheers to good health and prosperity to you and yours, and all the community members that have joined us for our first year ✌️💕

Jess
Deel Team

3️⃣ simple things I can be grateful for in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ that I can bring into 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣4️⃣:

1️⃣. The Default Optimism that carries me forward and pushes me beyond.
“Never give up - never surrender!” - Galaxy Quest or "Keep moving forward" - Meet the Robinsons
2️⃣. The Genuine Care I have for the people around me (and them for me) and for what I (we) do.
3️⃣. The feeling of connection and inclusivity across cultures and that we can be Together Everywhere.