cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contractor and Employer

Andreas1980
Weekender II

Hi all Im hoping you can help me. I have recently been made redundant, but have a very nice potential opportunity lined up with a company which has entities in the UK, Poland, Lisbon to name a few but none in Ireland where I am based.

They do not work with a global payroll provider and have told me they don't intend to either. My question: Is it possible as a contractor through Deel to simply invoice them for my work? OR do they need to be using Deel as well?

Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Andreas1980
Thanks so much for sharing this question. I'm sorry to hear about the situation, but glad that you might have something else lined up! 

If the company you're looking to do work for does not have an entity in Ireland, and they don't have intentions of working with a global payroll provider either, you could still use Deel to create your contract and send it to your client. More details can be found in this Contractor Account Overview article (along with a video that shows you how to send the company the contract in Deel). Deel offers three Contract templates, which may incur varying fees for the company: 

• “Fixed Contract” - open-ended contracts featuring fixed payments at regular intervals for recurring services.
  • “Pay As You Go Contract” - closed-end contracts featuring payment of a predetermined amount upon acceptance of services by the Client, partial payment can be made at regular intervals.
  • “Milestone Contract” - contracts featuring fixed payments upon achievement of pre-defined milestones.

Hope this helps to provide some guidance and direction. If there are additional questions on this though, please let us know. 

Have a great weekend ahead, 
-Cassy 

View solution in original post

Hi @Andreas1980,

By using the Invoice Generator as shared above, Deel would only be used to generate an invoice to share with the Non-Deel Client. As an Independent Contractor, you would be held liable for taxes per your country's tax and compliance laws. Similarly, the Non-Deel Client would also have their own compliance laws for Independent Contractors that they would need to follow. Coordinating payment would be between you (the Independent Contractor) and the Non-Deel Client.

The recommended route is that as a Contractor with Deel, your Non-Deel Client would also sign up for Deel as a Deel Client in order to bring you on as a Contractor. By hiring through Deel, companies can stay compliant when bringing on contractors in other countries.

Again, my apologies that my responses earlier were not clear, but I hope this points both you and the prospective company in the right direction!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Andreas1980
Thanks so much for sharing this question. I'm sorry to hear about the situation, but glad that you might have something else lined up! 

If the company you're looking to do work for does not have an entity in Ireland, and they don't have intentions of working with a global payroll provider either, you could still use Deel to create your contract and send it to your client. More details can be found in this Contractor Account Overview article (along with a video that shows you how to send the company the contract in Deel). Deel offers three Contract templates, which may incur varying fees for the company: 

• “Fixed Contract” - open-ended contracts featuring fixed payments at regular intervals for recurring services.
  • “Pay As You Go Contract” - closed-end contracts featuring payment of a predetermined amount upon acceptance of services by the Client, partial payment can be made at regular intervals.
  • “Milestone Contract” - contracts featuring fixed payments upon achievement of pre-defined milestones.

Hope this helps to provide some guidance and direction. If there are additional questions on this though, please let us know. 

Have a great weekend ahead, 
-Cassy 

Thank you Cassy that is 100% clear. I will propose that to my potential new employer and hopefully they go for it.

Hi Cassy,

Apologies coz I am after posting more or less the same question again 😞

Does the employer need to be signed up to Deel in order for me to contract out to them?

Andreas1980
Weekender II

Hello All hope the week is going well 🙂

A company I interviewed with which is based out of Krakow, Poland would like to proceed with an offer, but they do not work with global payroll and do not want to engage (incur costs) a payroll platform.  

I have signed up as a contractor here on Deel and my question is: Does this employer need to sign-up to Deel so that I can be a contractor for them? OR can I simply create a contract and then have Deel invoice them on my behalf?

It would be great to speak with some who could help me clarify exactly how this could work?

Thanks,

Andreas

Hi @Andreas1980

Apologies that my original answer did not fully answer your specific question. Check out this article to learn more about how to create invoices for clients that do not pay via Deel. 

In this guide, you'll see how to manually create a invoice for a non-Deel client, referred to as an External Invoice. Hope that adds further clarity.

Hi Cassy,

Thanks. I read through the resource and still have a question. The contract & invoice is all clear, but where does the non-Deel client pay? I assume directly into my Irish account? 

If that is the case I assume I am liable for my own taxes then i.e. Deel doesn't manage that end - Is that right?

Hi @Andreas1980,

By using the Invoice Generator as shared above, Deel would only be used to generate an invoice to share with the Non-Deel Client. As an Independent Contractor, you would be held liable for taxes per your country's tax and compliance laws. Similarly, the Non-Deel Client would also have their own compliance laws for Independent Contractors that they would need to follow. Coordinating payment would be between you (the Independent Contractor) and the Non-Deel Client.

The recommended route is that as a Contractor with Deel, your Non-Deel Client would also sign up for Deel as a Deel Client in order to bring you on as a Contractor. By hiring through Deel, companies can stay compliant when bringing on contractors in other countries.

Again, my apologies that my responses earlier were not clear, but I hope this points both you and the prospective company in the right direction!