cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BVNK Stole My Salary: Urgent Help Needed

mijaelcohen
Weekender

Hi,

I’m reaching out here because I’ve tried all the other options with no success. I need urgent assistance and no one seems to care. I’m also sharing this so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Here’s what happened:

On June 10th, I initiated a withdrawal of my salary using BVNK to transfer to a crypto wallet that belongs to the BTSE exchange. I received a transaction link showing that the funds were sent from BVNK to my wallet.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xdc50cd0b2d0576743dc1a166d9136d19cf90fe7ee4ba089c454f4365185581df

However, BTSE flagged the source address as untrusted and requested proof of the transfer. I provided all relevant screenshots from Deel to verify the source of the funds. However, BTSE rejected the deposit and returned the money. Here is the transaction link they sent when they returned the money:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x8ecd3a8552d3b3c642a7dbf4daba6408f9f579068794e1b3c1e9135f65a3d745

The transaction clearly shows that the money was sent back to the same address that originally sent the money from BVNK, so BVNK had the money back. However, the funds have not been credited back to my account.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-25 at 22.01.18.jpeg

As a result, I have lost almost all of my salary.

I contacted Deel support on June 11th because I couldn’t find a way to directly reach BVNK. As of today, June 25th, Deel support still has not provided a solution, saying that there is a lack of response from the provider. It is very easy to check, especially given the transparency blockchain technology provides. I can see how my money went back to BVNK. It’s clear from the transaction records that BVNK received the money back.

WHAT ELSE DO THEY NEED TO CHECK AND WHY ITS TAKING MORE THAN 10 DAYS TO DO SO?

I am now forced to use my savings to cover my living expenses. Deel needs to address this issue urgently. 

It’s really weird… how Deel can partner with BVNK, a company that clearly cannot handle a not-so-rare case of returned funds/failed withdrawal, and whose address is marked as suspicious. This shows a major failure in Deel’s due diligence, giving a false sense of security with an unreliable provider.

I hope this issue gets resolved quickly, not just for me but to prevent others from facing similar problems.

3 REPLIES 3

southafriCAN
Weekender

Hey Mijael.

I see no-one has replied to this as yet. And that's concerning!

It's really not cool that Deel can't be more supportive here. Because they are in essence failing you and the company you work for! The whole point of Deel is to make it easier for everyone, but failing the employees of Deel's clients is atrocious.

I'm particularly interested in this case, as I have just started working for a company who use Deel's services, and am nervous that everything goes through smoothly. I've worked for numerous crypto startups, they always simply pay directly to a wallet I provide them directly. This is the first that is using Deel, and if things don't go smoothly I'm going to be particularly upset! 😞

Please keep us posted. And I really, really hope you come right. What you're going through is simply NOT ON! Have you tried contacting BVNK's offices directly in London? 😅 Might be worth a shot.

I'm wishing you all the best!

Cheers!

rodrigoijk
Weekender

I plan to start withdrawing money using crypto, and this is very concerning. Is there any news so far?

AlinaRaienko
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Mijaelcohen, thank you for raising your issue. We see that BVNK has contacted you via email to assist in resolving this!