cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Payment

Arlene
Weekender

Hi community,

I have been getting my payment on time through Deel for the past two months. This time around when I submitted my monthly hours report, my client approved my money but Deel indicates that the payment is due for next month which means I will have no payment for this month (April). There is no way to reach out to Deel support team except through a bot that doesn't even have the options for my predicament. Please advise on how I should go about this. The money was approved, but Deel wants to give it to me next month, I wonder what will happen for next month's payment? Does that mean that I will miss a month without payment?

17 REPLIES 17

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Arlene

We're sorry that this delayed payment is something you have to experience, and we thank you for your patience as our team looks into this for you. It's incredibly important that our workers and contractors are getting accurate payments and in a timely manner. I'm checking with out internal teams to better understand what may have happened in this case, and I'll reach out to you directly if there are additional, more account specific questions I'll need to move this forward. While I understand that the Support chat bot was not able to assist in helping you identify a quick solution, you're always welcome to submit a support form as well. 

Thanks again for your patience, 
-Cassy 

I have the same question, since my payment is delayed for this month (november's payment for october's work), so I need to know what I can do, since there isn't an option to contact anybody, just some FAQs 😕

Hi @LeonelJonathan

Apologies for the delay here and thank you for your patience as our team looks into this for you. It's extremely important that you're getting accurate payments in a timely manner. I've checked in with our internal teams to better understand what may have happened in your case. We'll reach out to you directly if there are additional account-specific questions needed to move this forward. While I understand that the Support chatbot was not able to assist in helping you identify a quick solution, I've submitted a 
support form on your behalf.

Appreciate your patience while we await a response.
Jess

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Arlene

I wanted to follow up on this post directly to let you know that I've reached out to you in a private message with a case number for your reference. Given that this is a payment related question specific to your account, the Deel Support team requires additional information in order to provide the best care for this unique scenario. 

Thank you,
-Cassy

Giselle
Weekender

My payment is delayed. Usually, even tho Deel says tomorrow it takes minutes only to arrive, it's been 24hours now and still no money in my bank. Is there any problem with Deel today?

Hi @Giselle

Thank you for sharing this experience, and we're sorry to hear that your payment is taking longer than it has previously. Deel typically aims to provide an ETA for Local Bank Transfers between 1-5 business days. Since each transaction is unique, there are times when you might receive the withdrawal earlier, while other times the withdrawal may arrive closer to the end of the 5 business day window. 

In order to calculate the estimated transfer speed and cut-off time, Deel uses the workers selected withdrawal method, provider, and withdrawal currency. This allows us to calculate the date when the money should be received by your bank. You can see your ETA, as well as any additional in-app updates, from the Withdrawal Tracker. Please note these transfer times are best estimates only, and may be impacted by additional reviews or requests for information at the discretion of payment providers.

You can learn more about withdrawals in this article.

Hope this provides some added insight, and thank you for your patience! 
-Cassy 

Adlopezd91
Weekender II

I submit biweekly invoices; my client pays them the Monday of the following week and my payments arrive with no issues within 1 day.

However, this time it has been 6 days and I have not seen my funds reflected on my Deel balance which has forced me to contact your support team daily for updates on what is going on. Initially, I was told that transaction times could be 1-5 business days which was already weird because my payments always arrive within 1 day but I decided to give it the 5 days.

On Friday, Oct 6th, I reached out to my client to confirm that she had not had any issues with the payment on her end and she confirmed that the payment was processed and the funds left her bank account on the same day she processed it, Oct 2nd so I decided to contact Deel again to check what was happening and a representative told me that if the funds did not arrive on that day, I was welcome to contact you guys yet again on Saturday so that THEN Deel could start working on my issue, I reached out AGAIN on Saturday, oct 7th, as my client did not go any further on this either and my funds were still not showing up and a representative stated that since, of course, it was already past the ETA for the funds to arrive, she would open a ticket to contact my client for proof of payment. I proceeded to let my client know that Deel would reach out to her. Today, Oct 8th, I reached out to Deel on an update on my ticket and not only the representative was providing me with incorrect information by saying that my client had not yet sent a payment but they were also blocking any status updates from me by only responding that the team is already working with my client and that my client will be the one to update me. So basically I am left with no hint of what is happening, no estimated resolution time for this issue and no funds available for my work's payment.

I need somebody who is able to tell me what is happening, and more importantly provide a resolution as to why the funds have not arrived and WHEN WILL THEY BE ON MY BALANCE SINCE MY CLIENT ALREADY PROCESSED THE PAYMENT 6 DAYS AGO.

Hi @Adlopezd91 

Thank you for letting the team know about this situation. Let me reach out to the team internally to figure out whats going on. Allow me a little bit of time as I investigate. Thanks!

Best,
Daryl

Hi @Adlopezd91 

According to our records, a payment landed your account today. Could you check if this is resolved on your end?

Best,

Daryl

Hello! I just received email notification that the funds are now available on my balance. 

Could you please tell me if this was a special situation or if my payments will take more than 5 days to become available now?

Hi @Adlopezd91 

This is a one-off situation. We strive to ensure that your withdrawals land in your account within the SLA we state of 1-5 days. Should you have any issues in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out again here or through a support ticket, and the team will do our best to assist you. 🙂

Best,
Daryl

Hello, I was told this would be a one time situation. However I am having the same issue with my payment this week. Can someone help me? 

Hi @Adlopezd91 

I'll escalate this and see whats going on. Please expect a ticket in your email where we can resolve this.

Best,
Daryl

[image redacted by admin]

I did receive an email from the support team but it does not look like they understood what my issue is. Of course I am not refering now to the payment from October 2nd because as I confirmed on prvious entries, it finally arrived a week later. I am now refering to the fact that I got paid again this week and the funds have not shown up on my account AGAIN. As I explained on previous messages, I usually get fund the very next day after my client processess the payment so i was told last time by the Deel team that it had been a one time delay and that it should not happen again but here i am having the same thing happen. 

@Adlopezd91 

Hi Andrea, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, and for following up with some additional details regarding the delay you saw for your latest payment. I can understand how the expectation for this being a one-time scenario, as previously explained to you, can be a frustrating experience. We really appreciate your patience and understanding while we look into this further! 

Under the transaction history tab in the "Payment Tracker" window to the right of your Deel account for the transactions made this week (Oct 13/Oct 17), it appears that an invoice was created and that the client payment is actively processing. Typically, it can take up to 3-5 business days for Deel to process the funds (though we typically aim for sooner). 

In addition, I am also going to follow up with our Support team to ensure that there is no technical issue on our end that may have delayed this payment further for you. 

Thanks again for your patience, and we really appreciate you reaching out to the Deel Community. Hope you have a great rest of your week and enjoy the weekend! 
-Cassy 
p.s. for full transparency, I also want to call out that I redacted the image that you posted earlier, as it included the email of your client. To ensure the Community platform meets privacy compliance, its best practice to not include either your email, or anyone else's email, via post or image. Thank you so much for understanding! 

youssouf
Weekender

ive bad news to announce, My payment is delayed, it's supposed to arrive at 05/04 but till now nothing. Usually, even tho Deel says tomorrow it takes minutes only to arrive, it's been almost 3days now and still no money in my bank. Is there any problem with Deel today?

Hi Dahamni @youssouf

Thanks so much for chiming into this thread, and we're sorry to hear that you experienced a delay in receiving your payment! 

Hi Dahamni @youssouf

Thanks so much for chiming into this thread, and we're sorry to hear that you experienced a delay in receiving your payment! It's possible that there are slight delays to banks for processing on a Friday afternoon/evening. However, I took a look at your account and it appears that the time tracker hasn't updated, so I'm going to go ahead and connect you with a Support agent who will be able to offer better insights and help. You should see an email from them shortly! 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime. Thanks so much for your patience, 
-Cassy.