cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressively Terrible Customer Service

sacredprofit
Weekender

This is my first time using Deel, and I'm pretty shocked about how bad the support is. At least through the chat interface. The agents seem to have little more than read-access to my account. Their training on how to speak to customers amounts to copy-pasting stock responses, and their troubleshooting procedures are virtually non-existent.

Two days ago, I initiated a PayPal transfer which didn't go through with an error message saying there was a delay at the payment provider. I contact support to find out what the problem was. They told me not to worry about it, that these sorts of things happen, and that I should receive my transfer by the ETA date. I told them that I'd still like to troubleshoot to make sure there wasn't anything wrong on my end, since this was my first time and it would make sense that I goofed somewhere. Nope. They told me just to wait and if the funds didn't come through, contact them to escalate to Payments.

Next day comes, no funds. I contact them with the same story. Agent tells me to wait until the ETA (which just updated to the following day) and then contact them to escalate to Payments. I said the guy yesterday said the same thing. I'm told that that previous agent shouldn't have said that; the ETA shows that I have to wait one more day. I explained that the ETA obviously just incremented one day, and that I'd really like to step through the troubleshooting because the problem must be on my end since there were no other reported problems withdrawing to PayPal. Nope. Told me to wait a day, then escalate.

Day 3 comes around. I find out that indeed there's a typo in my email address. Great! Problem solved, right? Contact support, they should fix the issue, and move on with my life. Nope. Told I need to wait a day for the transaction to fail and then I can reinitiate it. I ask when would the transaction fail since it's been 3 days now. Agent tells me at the dynamic ETA date. Wait a minute. That date just increments every day. If it were going to fail, it would have already. There must be some procedure to handle this, right? Nope, agent just keeps telling me to wait until the ETA. I ask what happens if tomorrow it doesn't fail? Contact support and escalate to Payments. Hm, right.

So now I'm trying email and this support forum. Hopefully this will result in an actual solution, even if it comes with the copy-paste message of an agent "understanding my frustration" and "empathizing with my situation" asking me to "rest assured that they are working swiftly to address the problem" while thanking me for my "patience and understanding during this time".

6 REPLIES 6

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @sacredprofit,

Thank you for being a part of our Worker Community and for sharing your experience with our Support team. I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered, and I want to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We recognize that our team could have provided better communication to inform you about delays in withdrawals and their causes.

To account for the email address error, there were additional steps needed to ensure your funds were safely returned to you through PayPal. I'm pleased to inform you that your funds have now been refunded back into your Deel account, you'll just need to resubmit your withdrawal transaction.

Additionally, your feedback regarding our service and support procedures has been shared with the relevant teams to prevent similar situations in the future. If there's anything else I can do to assist you or if you have any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,
-Cassy

sacredprofit
Weekender

Thank you. The funds have indeed been returned. The point I wanted to stress is that the problem could have been found out in my first contact to support. Simple troubleshooting steps would have discovered the error.

Absolutely understand that feedback @sacredprofit, and I agree that had the email error been identified sooner, we would have been able to service you much more quickly and avoid your withdrawal delays. I do appreciate your patience, and we look forward to being able to provide you a better experience moving forward! 

Thank you so much, 
-Cassy

JoeyDuran
Weekender

Id like to say i am having the same issue right now but transferring to a bank in El Salvador. Received the same reply as @sacredprofit . I am now waiting for someone to help in the chat and its been over an hour and no one is answering. What is going on?

JoeyDuran
Weekender

I have been waiting for two plus hours now and no one is joining the chat. 

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @JoeyDuran

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, and we're so sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused. Our team is available 24/7 for support, and will typically respond within 2 minutes via chat. Given your experience, a member of our team will be reaching out to learn more from you. Thank you so much, 
-Cassy