Remote work enabled us to do what we love wherever we are. It has brought more time into people's lives to be with their loved ones, enjoy their cities and countries, discover hobbies and more while still building their career. But working from home or remotely can also be tough and lonely. A sense of community with your coworkers is difficult to achieve especially when those coworkers are thousands of miles away.
The Deel Community is a platform to connect both locally and across the world. We’re here to help build a community that you can be a part of and thrive in. Here you can meet others who are close to you geographically or share the same background as you wherever you live around the world. You will be able to interact with others, ask questions about your concerns and get answers from other community members, share wins, and celebrate each other. You will be a direct part of the community’s growth by engaging with others and the Deel Community Team.
To get you set up for success on the platform, check out the tips below:
1. Create your profile It's hard to build a thriving community if we don't know a little bit about the person behind the screen!
To foster a welcoming space, start by:
Creating a username that best represents you, such as First name, Last initial. Never add a phone number or personal information as your username.
Add a profile picture (you can add a picture of you, or choose from the Deel Avatars) under "My Profile". Images must follow our Community Guidelines.
Under "My Settings", you can include some additional details about yourself, like the Country or City you're in, what you do for work, or add a short bio.
Don't forget to set your preferred time zone under "Preferences".
2. Strengthen our Community by sharing your experiences It is only through shared experiences that we can learn from one another and grow. Don’t hesitate to ask for clarity when something is unclear to you, and don’t shy away from providing an answer to someone else’s question. The Deel Community is an inclusive space for all of us to share our journey and experiences in a positive and constructive way.
3. Jump into a conversation Whether you want to ask a question about using Deel, get tips from others on how to obtain nomad visas, or you just want to poll folks on their favorite motivating playlists, there's a place for you to chat with other remote workers here!
4. Search before you start a new question It’s likely that you may have a question that another user has asked before you. To avoid redundancy, it's recommended that you search for a question or topic before creating a new post.
You can find the search bar at the top of every page in our community. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, feel free to Start a Conversation in the most appropriate board.
5. Be patient & don't spam Do not share the same question in several topics, especially if the topic is not related to your specific question. This can result in frustration and/or confusion for the experience of other users. Instead, be patient for another user to answer your question, or visit our Help Center to find additional resources. If you see another user posting spam content, or content that is not appropriate in a community space, please flag it for the Community Managers/Moderators.
Important! Never post any private information (including, but not limited to: private account details, credit card information, phone numbers, home address, email address, etc.). This is a public community platform and anyone can view posts with sensitive information on it. Moderators withhold the right to edit posts and delete any shared private information.
The platform’s goal is to bring the community closer to you. No matter where you are, you’ll know that the Deel Community is right there with you. We’re so happy you’re here.