cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Deel to Bank Account (I am not the owner of the bank account).

Jesica_BA
Weekender

Hello community! Does anyone know if I can withdraw money from my Deel account to a bank account that I do not own? I live in Argentina, and the bank account belongs to a person in Switzerland. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kyra
Deel Team

Hi @Jesica_BA, Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your question with the community.

I noticed that you also raised this question with our Support team who have provided an answer via email. I'm also going to share the answer below in case others searching on the Community have a similar question in the future:

Support has confirmed that Deel does not recommend withdrawing funds to a bank account that is not registered under your name. This is because it will cause delays due to security checks conducted by payment processors and banks.

Please note that based on security measures from banks, it is likely that they will reject the transfer if the account is not under your name (based on how strict they are). Our provider may also flag your withdrawal for an additional check if you use a different card number or cardholder name. Every bank has its own internal procedures and processes for when and how they conduct this screening.

We suggest withdrawing funds to an account that is registered under your name and to make sure the address also matches the information your bank or account holds about you. You can learn more about withdrawal methods in this article.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions, happy to help!

Thank you,
Kyra

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kyra
Deel Team

Hi @Jesica_BA, Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your question with the community.

I noticed that you also raised this question with our Support team who have provided an answer via email. I'm also going to share the answer below in case others searching on the Community have a similar question in the future:

Support has confirmed that Deel does not recommend withdrawing funds to a bank account that is not registered under your name. This is because it will cause delays due to security checks conducted by payment processors and banks.

Please note that based on security measures from banks, it is likely that they will reject the transfer if the account is not under your name (based on how strict they are). Our provider may also flag your withdrawal for an additional check if you use a different card number or cardholder name. Every bank has its own internal procedures and processes for when and how they conduct this screening.

We suggest withdrawing funds to an account that is registered under your name and to make sure the address also matches the information your bank or account holds about you. You can learn more about withdrawal methods in this article.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions, happy to help!

Thank you,
Kyra