cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding freelancing in India using Deel

ritvij14
Weekender

Hello,

I am a user of Deel from India, but I have only been using it for one client right now, who invited me to the platform.

I have some questions regarding using Deel as a freelancer:

1. Can I invite clients from anywhere in the world to sign contracts that are created by me?
  2. Can my clients pay in both crypto and fiat?
  3. Can I withdraw money paid from any client in either crypto or fiat no matter what the client's payment method was (for e.g. client pays with crypto and I withdraw in fiat and vice-versa)?
  4. Does either side have to pay a fees?
  5. What is needed to be done by my client to sign and eventually pay me for doing the job?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daryldy
Deel Team

Hi @ritvij14 

First of all, welcome to our community! Let me see if I can answer your questions for you.

1. Can I invite clients from anywhere in the world to sign contracts that are created by me?

Yes you can! The Deel app helps you create these contracts and send them to anyone in the world and do these compliantly. You can go to the Create a Contract section of your app and generate one there. 

2. Can my clients pay in both crypto and fiat?

Deel Clients deposit funds into their Deel accounts through a variety of means. Debit, credit, certain crypto, and direct transfers are all accepted. Fiat is not accepted at the moment. You can find more information on supported payment methods for clients here. Depending on your contract with the client, funds will transfer to you and you will be able to withdraw that money through a variety of means depending on your location. 

3. Can I withdraw money paid from any client in either crypto or fiat no matter what the client's payment method was (for e.g. client pays with crypto and I withdraw in fiat and vice-versa)?

You can withdraw your money in your preferred method regardless of what your client has chosen. Say your client has paid in USDC, you can choose to withdraw that directly into your bank. They are independent from each other.

Deel does not charge contractors or employees any monthly subscription fee. We only charge clients based on the number of active contracts per month. Independent contractor contracts are subject to a $49 fee per contract. More information is found here. The type of withdrawal method you choose may also result to some fees. A list is provided here

5. What is needed to be done by my client to sign and eventually pay me for doing the job?

If your client has a Deel account, they can sign any of your contracts and forward payment on the Deel app as they receive contract from you. If not, you can invoice them and payment information will be provided to them on that invoice. Information on creating contracts can be found here and information on invoicing non-Deel clients are found here.

Hope this information proves useful for you! Let me know if you have any follow up questions. 🙂

Best,
Daryl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daryldy
Deel Team

Hi @ritvij14 

First of all, welcome to our community! Let me see if I can answer your questions for you.

Yes you can! The Deel app helps you create these contracts and send them to anyone in the world and do these compliantly. You can go to the Create a Contract section of your app and generate one there. 

2. Can my clients pay in both crypto and fiat?

Deel Clients deposit funds into their Deel accounts through a variety of means. Debit, credit, certain crypto, and direct transfers are all accepted. Fiat is not accepted at the moment. You can find more information on supported payment methods for clients here. Depending on your contract with the client, funds will transfer to you and you will be able to withdraw that money through a variety of means depending on your location. 

You can withdraw your money in your preferred method regardless of what your client has chosen. Say your client has paid in USDC, you can choose to withdraw that directly into your bank. They are independent from each other.

Deel does not charge contractors or employees any monthly subscription fee. We only charge clients based on the number of active contracts per month. Independent contractor contracts are subject to a $49 fee per contract. More information is found here. The type of withdrawal method you choose may also result to some fees. A list is provided here

If your client has a Deel account, they can sign any of your contracts and forward payment on the Deel app as they receive contract from you. If not, you can invoice them and payment information will be provided to them on that invoice. Information on creating contracts can be found here and information on invoicing non-Deel clients are found here.

Hope this information proves useful for you! Let me know if you have any follow up questions. 🙂

Best,
Daryl

@daryldy thank you for replying and clearing all my doubts, this was really helpful.

I have one more doubt regarding invoices. So, I am from India and for GST filing we have to show our invoices. But the invoice numbering format for the document on Deel is not the same as what I have been using to file it. Is there anyway I can edit the format of the invoice documents? I want to change the format of the numbering and remove details of the contract (contract name and scope, they are not needed)

Glad to be of help @ritvij14 . Regarding invoices, you are not able to edit invoices generated by Deel however you can upload your own invoices to replace the generated one so that you can comply with GST rules in India. You would just need to choose which invoice you would like to replace and upload your own. 
Myles 2.jpeg