cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No withdrawals methods are available

MariyaS
Weekender II

Hello!

I've got the monthly payment on March 29 2024 and found that there is no available methods to withdrawal money to Russia at all.. I used transfer to bank and last time  it worked at the beginning of the March 2024. No messages, no notifications, no more methods, no idea what to do, except trying to create a bank  account in the other country. I'm really disappointed why there was no message from Deel about the problem, so we had no choice to transfer money using the other way. The money just stuck inside the platform and I don't understand what will happen with it after 30 days.

79 REPLIES 79

iessenti
Weekender

Have the same problem

VictorSh
Weekender II

Support says there's been an issue with JP Morgan which is their bank provider. They only offer to use non-Russian bank accounts (or other withdrawal methods that obviously do not work for us) and ask to wait as they are trying to resolve the issue (I hardly believe in that one)

Also, they do not provide any additional details regarding the ETAs or whether this issue is a permanent or temporary. Nothing

Sadly, they haven't even notified about the issue beforehand or even after it happened. So yeah - my money are also stuck with high level of uncertainty

UPD from Deel - Deel is closely monitoring the situation in Russia and Ukraine, and we are constantly reviewing our protocols given new developments. In the meantime: 

• Deel is only be able to support payments in RUB for transactions within Russia
  • Withdrawals to banks outside of Russia are still supported.

@VictorSh What do you mean about payments in RUB and transactions within Russia?

No idea what that means. That was the official Deel support team's reply. But as far as I understand, they suspended (blocked) all transactions to RU accounts. The only option they can offer is to open non-RU account and withdraw money there. Or wait till they will resolve the issue which I do not believe. In other words, they screwed their clients

Hi Виктор @VictorSh

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced with withdrawals options in Russia. Our teams are actively working on solutions for our workers, and when we have updates, we will provide clear instructions on the next steps. We understand how important this is to you, and we ask for your patience until we have more information to share broadly. 

Thank you, 
-Cassy

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @MariyaS and @iessenti

Thanks for your patience while I looked into more information from our teams. At the current moment, we're working hard on several solutions. When we have updates we will provide clear instructions via email, in-app banner, and we'll share updates to our community members as well. 

Thanks so much for your continued patience. We'll follow up with more details once our teams have updates to share. 

-Cassy

Hi @CassyL !
Pls provide any updates to the community what have been done by deel team to resolve this issue, what are you working on now and maybe any ETA available now?

Hi @myakushev

I've checked in with my team to confirm that we don't have any new updates to share as of yet. Although I don't have an ETA on when it will be available, our teams are working hard to provide alternatives for withdrawing your funds. I will absolutely come back with updates to the community as soon as I have more to share with you all. 

Thanks so much for your continued patience on this! I'll provide an update once I have more information. 
-Cassy 

Hi, 

Is it possible that waiting for a solution is a wasting time?

Week has passed and no ETA appeared, money is trapped. Maybe do you have in mind alternative solution to this?

Regards,
Sergei

MariyaS
Weekender II

@VictorSh I've checked for some changes about withdrawals and found that now it's possible to add the bank transfer to Russia in RUB, but you have no options to move forward. Some time before the bank transfer to Russia was blocked at all.

Yeah, I noticed the possibility to add withdrawal method in RUB as well. However, one can't proceed to Step 2 ('Add billing address') - 'Next' button is just unavailable for some unknown reason. 
Anyway, even IF they fix this, this method is of no use to me 'cause my contract is in EUR

RenatK
Weekender II

I was able to add RUB. But wondering whether it makes any sense. All my contracts use USD. Does deel offer any conversion? 

Screenshot_198.png

Same goes for me. My contract is in USD, added the RUB method as a self-employed person, same "Verifying" status for now. Let's see. 

Deel support told my colleagues that this option will be fully launched soon and they will inform about that. 

MariyaS
Weekender II

Not sure how this can work too. I thought, that if I can use different currencies to withdraw (there were USD and EUR some time ago) I should have different accounts for them in banks, for example who can provide the transfers from USA in USD. About a year I got payments using withdrawal in USD but got the money in RUB because of the autoconversion in the bank and no USD accounts available in it.

Well, you can not just receive payment in roubles if it is not in your contract. You need to modify your contract and notify bank about changes. 

Yes, but you don't need to do that for withdrawal. If you withdraw, for example, euros, and send them to ruble account, funds should be converted automatically by the bank at current exchange rate.

I've got experience with withdrawal EURO (my contract was in EURO) to USD bank account. Deel automatically converted euro to usd, but the exchange rate was no so good.

MaxKu
Weekender II

Hey guys,
That night, Deel verified the Bank transfer in RUB for me (as a self-employed person). Will try this option in the end of month. Interesting thing - it is mentioned in the Withdrawal method details - "Transfer type - local" 

RenatK
Weekender II

My colleague sent $100 yesterday. Waiting for funds to appear in his account... 

image_2024_04_09T13_45_44_678Z.png

How do you plan to "justify" these money for he bank (pass the exchange control)?
I mean if the contract is registered as USD/EUR, the bank does not expect RUR to be received.

Actually you can send money directly on your RUB account, bank support validated that is is possible but you need to sign extra document with your conterparty and pass it to the bank that payments for USD contract could be in RUB as well.

Hey Renat, any info about how successful that attempt was?

AndreyV
Weekender

Hey @CassyL 
There seems to be a hefty 4.8% USD-RUB exchange rate
Does it hard cap? Depends on the amount?

I got 6.2%. Official exchange rate of the Central Bank for today - 92,7463

100$ is 9274 RUB. (9274-8695)/9274 =  0.062

Hi Andrey @AndreyV thanks so much for sharing, and thanks Aleksandr @LexxanderDream, for providing your insight!

As far as I understand right now, there is no hard cap that influences the rate. Given the increased volatility, exchange rates are around 5% for every RUB exchange and transfer. I don't have more details into it other than that, but if you have additional questions on this, I am happy to connect you to a member of our Support team that can help you with your specific scenario, or offer more insight. 

Thank you so much for your patience while I looked into this further. 
Kind regards, 
-Cassy 

RenatK
Weekender II

https://www.deel.com/employees/russia

Looks like Deel is going to extend business in Russia 🙂

Hi Renat @RenatK

To add a little more clarity on this, Clients will have the option to engage their contractors as employees who are paid locally through our Employer of Record (EOR) model as employees. This means that if a Client decides to bring their Contractor in as an employee, the article you cited above would apply. 

Per this Help Center article

"Companies can switch their contractors to EOR employees using Deel's EOR hiring model. Deel is offering $200 flat monthly EOR fees for employee onboarding dates before May 31."

Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this! I'm happy to help provide more details, or help connect you with our Support team so that they can better address your specific requirements.
Kind regards,
-Cassy

CJ2007
Weekender II

Guys, has anyone already received a transfer under this new scheme?I sent it a few days ago, but nothing has arrived yet.

not, same case, but not received yet. "Sent t our provider". Looks like that not working fully yet

MariyaS
Weekender II

@CJ2007 @RenatK Let us know please, when you'll receive the payment and how is goes. 

I chose to travel to another country to get the payment from last month and may be further ones too.

So far, everything is also unchanged. Since April 9th, my transfer has been in the status of "processing". As I understand it, there was no official response from the support, how long it would last. Therefore, we are waiting for at least some information.

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone, 

@MariyaS @iessenti @VictorSh @myakushev @Sebely @RenatK @MaxKu @Asdolg @AntonGup 
(apologies if I missed anyone else on the thread!) 

So sorry for the delay in getting back to our Community members about this – I wanted to ensure that the information we were relaying back to you all is the most up to date, and also properly addresses the questions you have! Thanks so much for your patience as I learned more from our teams. 

For the details that I have now: 
As direct USD and EUR transfers into Russia are being slowly phased out by banks, Deel will only be able to support payments in RUB for transactions within Russia. However, Russian contractors can withdraw to banks outside of Russia via SWIFT bank transfers and e-wallet transfers. 

(Please note though, that Deel is not involved in creating or managing wallet accounts, not will Deel advise on whether a contractor in any given country can open an e-wallet balance, as availability may change.)

To comply with Russian regulations, self employed workers in Russia must upload either a Self Employment Certificate (SEC) or Individual Entrepreneur extract in order to process withdrawals in Russia. Additionally, Russian contractors can only actually start RUB withdrawals once they send in their mandatory documents, and the documents have been reviewed and approved by the Deel finance team. Please look through this article, which provides in-depth instructions on how to provide the right documents within Deel! 

Lastly, to provide some clarity around the contract currency: If your client pays you in USD (or another currency other than RUB), the contractor converts it to Rubles and transfers it to a Russian bank account or card number. Contractors can still have USD contracts, but the conversion to RUB will happen upon withdrawal. 

Thank you so much for your patience while I gathered these insight – we know how important it is for you to be able to access your funds. If you have any additional questions that I did not answer above, please let me know. I'm happy to help connect you with a member of our Support team, who can better assist your individual account needs. Alternatively, you can also create a Support ticket directly by filling out this form

With regards,
-Cassy

also: @BorisM @raph @CJ2007 (I maxed out at tagging 9 people)

Dear support team. I would like to get at least some information on the issue of money transfers. For more than 7 days now, my transfer has been in the "processing" status, and no one can say how long it will last. I ask you to bring at least some clarity to this issue!

@CassyL does RUB transfer work now? Because 2 days ago, somebody in support chat said that it is not ready yet, they are working on it, and will inform me somehow (which is not done so far).

You can add RUB account and send money, but now it's just processing for last 2 days.

4 days processing...

Similarly, "processing" has been hanging for 4 days.
I think the system is not working yet. In any case, there were no notifications from support.

Yeah, the withdrawal is still being processed for the fifth day. @CassyL are there any updates?

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @snSergei @cytivrat, Aleksandr @Alekstim, Aleksandr @CJ2007 , Roman @RomaKirillov I shared an update below from the details that our Support team provided me. Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

@CJ2007 I understand that your processing time has been more than 7 days now. I've shared this feedback with our internal teams, but in the meantime, I can also help you create a ticket so that you can connect with one of our Support experts for more dedicated help. Let me know if you'd prefer that route. 

As per the article, "International sanctions on Russian banks are not affecting domestic payments to employees". Just want to double check if I understand this correctly: is Modulbank (INN 2204000595) allowed for RUB transfers now?

May be.. sent test withdrawals to Modulbank and Raif

Alekstim
Weekender II

Support team, do you have estimate date for start payments? 

superdev
Weekender

I'm worried, is it actually working? My withdrawal is stuck for a week and no changes. I can't find any confirmation that it works 

Has it gone beyond the ETA in the withdrawal page? I was told by the support team that "... with the new updates, Russian withdrawals will take a long processing time. I would advise that you keep track of the estimated time or arrival of the withdrawals on the withdrawal tracker for each withdrawal."

MariyaS
Weekender II

I can say that I've got March payment using the bank account in different country, it took less time, then it was estimated. But this moment doesn't solve the issue with withdrawals to Russia, because I live and work in this country. 

I also verified the transfer in RUB and upload the certificate, but will wait for the next mounth and some positive news from those, who are waiting their transfers and from the support.

CassyL
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience through the weekend. I checked in with our Support team to get more updates on expected timing for you, but just a friendly reminder that the Deel community is a space for our workers to connect and learn from other members globally. This space doesn't replace the expert advice of our dedicated Support team, although I'm happy to create a ticket for you if you'd like more dedicated service for your options – just reply to this thread or send me a DM to let me know. 

Regarding the withdrawal processing timeline: once Contractors add the necessary documents to withdraw in RUB (the documents I outlined above), and those documents been approved by Deel's finance team, Contractors can start RUB withdrawal process. Withdrawals currently have a 7-day processing ETA, but there may be additional delays. If you have further questions about the timelines and process for withdrawals, or inquiries about alternative methods, I'm happy to help you create a Support ticket, or you can also reach out to our Support agents 24/7 here

Thanks again for your continued patience as we ensure the secure delivery of your withdrawal.
Kind regards,
-Cassy

Hi Cassyl,

I want to share my situation because, as of now, a Russian LLC cannot receive payments from Deel.com, and the support cases I've created haven't provided clear information on timelines or next steps.

I registered my Russian LLC on Deel.com as a contractor and received payments into my account, but withdrawing the funds has been problematic. Moreover, while I'm waiting for a resolution, Deel.com informed me that the funds I received would be returned if I don't withdraw them within a month.

Support advised me to upload a tax certificate with OGRN information and add a Russian ruble account as a withdrawal method.

Firstly, I can't input the full name of the organization because it says "Incorrect value." This might be due to the full name containing 56 symbols and quotes.

Secondly, if I use the short name of the organization (which is still a legal name), the withdrawal method is declined after a couple of days with a message stating that "the account holder name doesn't match the name on your Deel account." This doesn't make sense, as the organization name hasn't changed and has remained consistent throughout my interactions with Deel.com.

I'm writing to draw attention to this problem because the support cases I created did not provide useful information.

Hi @Mark

Welcome to the Community, and thanks so much for sharing your candid feedback on your experience with withdrawals so far. I took a look through your exchanges with our Support team members, and understand that there's still some active investigations that they're conducting on the matter. While the process for enabling payment for Russian LLC is dynamic, I agree that our team could have provided more clear instructions for you and to have shared better expectations. Currently, we are running additional investigation with the specialized payments team to solve your case. I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate team members to help expedite your support.

Thanks so much and please let us know if you have additional questions,
-Cassy